Welcome to DTU
DTU offers our international unpaid guest researchers and guest PhD students assistance with administrative, practical, and cultural issues before and after arrival. This includes the process for a work and residence permit/EU residence document.
Please note that you must have received a Master's degree in order to use this form.
Please use the online guest registration form if you are going to visit DTU for at least 14 days and you are coming as a:
- Guest PhD student (not PhD students, who are enrolled at DTU for 3 years)
- Guest Postdoc
- Guest Researcher
- Guest Assistant Professor
- Guest Associate Professor
- Guest Professor (not employed by DTU)
Please note that before you fill out the registration form, you will need to have a DTU contact person and an agreed period (start and end date) of your stay.
In the registration form, you will be asked to upload:
- a copy of your entire passport, including all pages (also blank pages) and the front and back cove
- your CV, and
- documentation of your enrollment at your home university, if you are coming as a guest PhD student
In addition, we ask you to upload:
- a copy of your Master’s diploma
- documentation of financial support if you will receive a scholarship/funding to support your stay at DTU. Please make sure
that your documentation includes the dates of your stay and the total amount of funding that you will receive.
Please find more information about financial support for guest researchers here (do I have to be able to support my self during my stay in Denmark) or guest PhD students here (what are the conditions/you must be able to support yourself).
For non-EU citizens:
If you will visit DTU as a guest researcher for less than 3 months, you may be exempt from the need for a Danish work and residence permit, provided that you fulfill the relevant visa requirements. Since the online guest registration form will not let you choose a start date sooner than 2 months from your date of registration, please choose the earliest date possible and write the correct dates of your visit in the comment field.
If you are going to visit DTU for less than 14 days, please contact your contact person at the department you will be visiting.
Please find additional information about moving to Denmark here.
If you have any questions regarding the system, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any problems with the form, please use Microsoft Internet Explorer.